A meeting was held with the Board of Governors of Medical Council of India at Indian Council of Medical Research on 15th February 2020,IMA MSN represented at the meeting.
SCHEDULE OF PROPOSED NEXT(National Exit Test) EXAMS:
● With the change in GMER schedule, the Prof III part II exams are proposed to be
held in January, in all medical colleges.
●Supplementary exams are proposed to be held in February.
● NExt 1 also known as Prof IV part I is proposed to the be held in March.
● Internship is proposed to start from April
● Internship is proposed to complete in March
● NExT 2 also known as Prof IV part II is proposed to be held in April
● PG course is expected to start in JULY
SUBJECT WISE DISTRIBUTION OF NEXT 1 (National Exit Exam):
|MEDICAL & ALLIED||120||3:00 hours|
|SURGERY & ALLIED||120||3:00 hours|
|GYNAECOLOGY & ALLIED||120||3:00 hours|
- It will be an All India Concurrent online exam
- Out of total questions, 60% will be problem solving, 30% comprehension and analysis, 10% recall
- Out of total on each stream, 10% questions will be from applied basic
- sciences, and 10% preventive and public health.
NEXT EXAM 1 IS EXPECTED TO BE FIRST HELD IN 2022
|Exams||Will Be Held By|
|Prof 3 part 1||University|
|Prof 3 Part 2||University|
|Prof 4 part 1 (NEXT 1)||National Body|
|Prof 4 part 2 (NEXT 2)||University/College|
- NExT 2 is a pass or fail exam which includes Practical exam by university/college to judge the basic practical efficacy of the student.
- A list of basic practical skills which a student should know, Should be fulfilled.
NExT 1 is objective exam:
|Prof 3 part 2||NExT 1 (Licenciating and competitive exam)||Internship||NExT 2 (licenciating exam)||Result|
|Pass||Pass, marks will be used for PG ranking in counselling||Can go for internship||Pass||Gets PG seat with marks of NExT 1 And gets license|
|Pass||Pass, marks will be used for PG ranking in counselling||Can go for internship||Fail||●Does not get PG seat ●Does not get license|
|Pass||Fail||Cannot go for internship||Cannot write exam||-|
1.After passing university final examination students have to pass NExT 1 to start internship After completing 12 months of internship
2.Student has to pass NExT 2 to practice as a doctor